Quick, easy and delicious! A great Wednesday night dinner when you don’t want to take a lot of time to cook or clean up. This recipe orginated from Cait’s Plate but has been modified to make it gluten-free and adjusted based upon what I had in my fridge at the time. Feel free to substitute with any vegetables that you currently have available. I also recently made a version that included only green beans and peas, it was good, but I like this one better.
Chicken Sausage with Gluten-Free Pasta and Veggies
Time: 20 minutes
- 4 chicken sausages, about 12 oz
- 12 oz frozen broccoli
- 8 oz frozen peas
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 15 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 box gluten-free rotini pasta
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook gluten-free pasta according to box instructions. Do not overcook pasta.
- Meanwhile, slice the chicken sausage and place into a non-stick pan coated with a bit of olive oil.
- Toss the chicken sausage in the pan over medium heat, until slightly browned on both sides. Remove from heat.
- Add frozen broccoli and peas to pan over medium-low heat. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occassionally. Add onions, continue cooking until soften.
- Add halved tomatoes, cook until just softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add cooked, drained pasta into a large serving dish. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper, and then add vegetable mixture. Toss to combine.