Nom, Nom. Friday night, seafood night, husband cooking night. Thank you!
This recipe originated from Fitness Magazine. It is a wonderful, light, healthy dish that is simple to make but very flavorful. This recipe was delicious but it was very light. Serve with rice or quinoa to get more mileage out of the recipe.
Lemon-Garlic Shrimp with Veggies
Serves: 4 with rice or quinoa
Time: 20-30 minutes
- 1 pound raw shrimp, (26-30 per pound)
- 2 large red bell peppers, diced
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed (just snap off the bottoms)
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (or arrow-root if Paleo)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups prepared brown rice or quinoa, optional
- Cook rice/instructions, following package instructions, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add bell peppers, asparagus, lemon zest and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to soften, about 6 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Whisk broth and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth and add to the pan along with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Cook, stirring, until the sauce has thickened slightly and the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, about 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in lemon juice and parsley.
- Plate the rice, then veggies and serve the shrimp and sauce on top of the rice and veggies.