“That’s different,” my grandma would most likely say if I told her I was eating chia seeds. “That’s different” to my grandma essentially means, “That is totally weird and I don’t get it” so I am always intrigued to hear what she is talking about when she says that. I have a feeling she would say that about chia seeds . . .
Well, I am eating chia seeds and I am totally a believer.
Mixed Fruit Chia Pudding
- 6-8 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 1/3 cups unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk (I used almond)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons berries, either fresh berries, frozen or dried (I used mixed berries)
- 1 mashed banana, for additional sweetness
- 1.5 teaspoons shredded coconut, optional
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, optional
- 2 tablespoons nuts (almonds, walnuts, etc), optional
- 1 tsp cinnamon and vanilla, optional
- Add ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Mix well.
- Let stand in the refrigerator for at least one (1) hour. (It will continue to firm the longer you let it stand)
This is a great mid-morning/mid-afternoon snack during your workday. It doesn’t seem like much, but it is actually very filling and will give you the energy to get to lunch. This would also be a great dessert option for us gluten-free/dairy-free people!
Feel free to add/delete ingredients, it is really forgiving and easy to make again!
**These are approximately 300 calories per serving. To reduce calories, reduce/remove the banana, and/or reduce almond/coconut milk while increasing the water.