Originally found on the Food Network website, this modified Chorizo Tostadas recipe was excellent and a great alternative to a traditional taco night with ground beef. I found Chorizo ground sausage at my local grocery store but can be bought as sausages in casing as well.
Total Time:25 min
- 2 pound ground chorizo sausage (can also buy it in the casing, remove casing and crumble meat)
- 2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoon garlic
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp paprika, optional
- 1 tsp cumin, optional
- 8 corn tostadas (or taco shells)
- Optional toppings: red onion, lettuce, tomato, guacamole, salsa
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until brown and the fat is rendered, about 5 minutes. Drain most of the fat and oil.
- Add the spices and mix together optional.
- Add the onions and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Remove from the heat.
- Divide the sausage filling among the warm tortillas top with fresh cilantro and serve with desired accompaniments.