Such a simple breakfast recipe! All you need is a casserole dish and a mixing bowl. This would be perfect for weekend mornings and to refrigerate the leftovers to be reheated during the week.
Ham and Vegetables Egg Bake
- 12 Eggs
- cooked, diced ham (or cooked bacon, sausage, turkey, etc)
- 2 cups vegetables: onions, broccoli, tomatoes, peppers, etc
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease 13×9 casserole dish with oil.
- Crack eggs into a mixing bowl. Add cooked ham (and/or any other cooked meat), a variety of vegetables and salt and pepper, to taste. Whisk until well blended.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through. Cut and serve.
We made this dish at the end of a family weekend get together. We literally tried to use all of the unused vegetables to avoid waste. We used: green onions, red onions, jalapeno peppers, tomatoes, leftover pico de gallo, broccoli and mushrooms. It turned out very well and was a big hit!
It would be very easy to do a couple of these for a shower brunch or for a large family gathering.