Sometimes I am a bit slow on the uptake and I am now just getting around to the whole “New Year’s Resolution” thing. 3.5 weeks late. Maybe if I start late I will be less likely to break my resolution? Anyway, I resolve to actually plan for meals each week, every week, starting . . . . . . . NOW!
I eat completely dairy free and gluten free. I also avoid most soy, preservatives and packaged foods and limit my corn intake. The no-fun dietary restrictions can make meal planning difficult but not impossible. However, I would like to be more mindful of what we eat each week as well as what we spend on food. With a budget of $200 per month for groceries($46/week) for two to four people, planning for each and every meal is critical.
**FYI: I am not a chef. I have never pretended to be a chef and I never will pretend to be a chef. I have to use other people’s recipes otherwise we would end up eating boiled potatoes and sunny-side up eggs FOREVER. I have inserted links to each recipe that I utilized and also noted if I plan to make changes to the recipe.
Here it goes:
- Monday: Italian Braised Fennel and Chicken with Cannellini
- Tuesday: Garbanzo Bean Stew
- Wednesday: Veal Meatloaf (*Veal, Ground Turkey and Italian Sausage Meatloaf . . . need to use up some meat!)
- Thursday: Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Friday: Venison and Bacon Burgers
- Saturday: Chorizo and Sundried Tomato Rice with Spinach
- Sunday: Crock Posole